CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New seats for the Listening Station

Hi Friends,I am re-designing my classroom's listening area by taking my old crates and recycling them into crate seats. Then I will be storing a CD player, a headset, and a book/CD set in each crate. During morning differentiated rotations my students will be assigned to different crates at the listening center based on their reading level. This will help me know that my students are reading at their independent reading level.

Materials Needed:
cardboard template for top (I took this to Lowes to get my plywood cut)
 1/2" plywood cut to fit crates (Round or cut corners off)
eggshell foam mat (twin size)
fabric (1/2 yard for each seat)
spray adhesive
fabric tacks or staple gun
ribbon
plastic crates (recycling my crates)

 Matching fabric scraps to crates

I had the wood cut at Lowes and then I cut the corners off.

Using spary adhesive I attached the wood and foam.



My Yorkie, Sparky is making sure I am doing it right!


Next I attached the fabric using a staple gun.



Whew! Here are three of the six that I am making. 
They look amazing. I know my students will love
using them at the listening station.

No comments:

Post a Comment